Finally, I have pictures of my third June Challenge dress. Sorry, the pics are not great. My boyfriend snapped them quickly before I left the house to meet with some friends yesterday evening. I used the Swing Dress pattern available over at Sense and Sensibility Patterns. I used the e-pattern version and had to print and tape all the pattern pieces together. Still better than paying and waiting for shipping.
I had to make almost no changes to the pattern. I only let out the side seam a tiny bit in the waist and shortened the skirt. However, if I make the pattern again, I will shorten the bodice slightly and add a little width across the bust to prevent the front from pulling. Also, I'm not in love with the way you have to hold the front overlapping pieces together with a brooch. I would prefer if they were sewn shut and would not gape and the brooch was only decorative. Still, I might make the dress again with some minor changes and a popping, colourful fabric to modernize the style of the dress.
|with hand-knit flower brooch bought at a handmade market in Norway|
June Challenge Dress #4 has to be hemmed today and then it's all done. I see that some of you are getting close to finishing your four dresses as well. Well done! Nommh has already completed more than four. Check them out on our flickr group. We'll all be dressed in style this summer (or winter down under)! See you!